Many people who book our Orlando vacation rentals come from out of state. We love meeting and assisting these tourists, because it gives us an opportunity to show off our beloved Sunshine State, and open people’s eyes to all there is to do and see in the Orlando area.
But we realize before you make it to the doorway of your comfortable, spacious vacation home (or condo) you’ll have to travel through the Orlando Airport. You’ll probably also travel through this airport again when it’s time to go home, which is we’ve decided to put together this handy insider’s guide to enjoying your time in MOC (that’s what the airline pros call the Orlando International Airport).
See, here at VacationPoolHomes.com, our top priority is and will always be your comfort. We’re concerned that you have an excellent experience every second that you’re in the great state of Florida–including the (hopefully few) hours you spend in the airport.
If you’ve not yet booked a vacation home rental in Florida, we invite you to browse the HUGE selection of homes, condos, and massive villas we have available to book on our website. If you have any questions, be sure to contact our friendly staff. Otherwise, keep reading to learn how to navigate the Orlando International Airport like a pro!
Fast Facts About Orlando International Airport
- MCO is located 10 miles southeast of downtown Orlando. So once you’ve arrived, it will just be a short taxi or Uber ride until you arrive at the front door of your amazing vacation home rental.
- MCO is one of the top 15 busiest airports in the entire United States. It serves as a hub for international airlines like Frontier, JetBlue, and Southwest.
- Orlando is home to one of the largest rental car markets in the world, meaning that when you arrive, there are many different options available for transportation. If you’re staying in one of our nearby vacation home rentals, having your own car will come in very handy for visiting the local attractions!
- MCO is also home to FREE, high-speed Wi-Fi available throughout the airport, so you can catch-up on email, post your pics to social media, or even play a smartphone game or two while waiting for your flight.
Where Can You Eat In The Orlando International Airport?
You might be surprised to learn that the dining selection at MCO rivals that of many small cities across America! If you’re feeling peckish while waiting for your flight, consider grabbing a bite to eat from:
- Ruby Tuesday
- Outback Steakhouse
- Burger King
- Urban Crave
- On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
- Zaza Cuban Coffee
- Manchu Wok
- Qdoba Mexican Grill
- Camden Food Co.
- Johnny River’s Grill & Market
What Can You Do When Bored In Orlando International Airport?
You might be surprised to learn that MCO is home to a lovely collection of permanent and temporary art exhibits. These collections are located both inside the airports various terminals as well as outside in some of its green areas. If you have time before your flight, and are feeling a little tense, there are spa services in each concourse, including XpresSpa locations in Airside 1, 3 and 4, and a Terminal Gateway Spa in Airside 2. You can get a massage, cleansing steam facial, or even a manicure if you’d like! Retailers like InMotion Entertainment, Sunglass Hut, and Life Is Good provide opportunities for shopping and souvenir procurement.
While we surely hope that your vacation home rental will be the highlight of your time in Orlando, we want to make sure you have a great time every second that you’re a guest in our home state. Use this guide to navigate the Orlando like an expert today!